internal error : memory access violation

Home Forums Student Bugs and issues internal error : memory access violation

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mariusauflem 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

mariusauflem
    Participant

Hi.
    Last couple of days I’ve experienced problems when trying to extrude sketches. Error message:
    internal error:memory access violation
    I’ve looked this up, but have not come across any solution. Help?
    Using Nx11 and have tried to re-install the software.

Hi,

These error messages are always hard to interpret, as there really isn’t much information to go on.

However, the next time you encounter the issue, can you click OK and check the log file? We might get an indication of whats wrong at the bottom there, as this log file will log your every step, and sometimes may contain more useful information of what has gone wrong.

After you get the error message, check the bottom lines in the log file at File => Help => Log File..

If it doesn’t make sense to you, you can try to copy+paste the last 15-20 lines to this thread so I can have a closer look at it.

mariusauflem
    Participant

>>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\disp\no\ind\dss_solid.c” at line number 856
    >>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\disp\no\ind\dss_solid.c” at line number 788
    >>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\ugutilsint\no\ind\dss_regen_solids.c” at line number 2548
    >>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\ugutilsint\no\ind\gt_display_from_lists.c” at line number 1290
    >>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\ugutilsint\no\ind\gt_display_from_lists.c” at line number 1433
    >>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\ugutilsint\no\ind\gt_display_from_lists.c” at line number 987
    >>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\uifw\no\ind\uifw_preview_definitions.c” at line number 175
    >>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\ugui\no\ind\dlg_main.c” at line number 3298
    >>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\ugui\no\ind\dlg_main.c” at line number 1727
    !!!&MACRO DIALOG_END -3, 0 ! : Auto Cancel
    &MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
    >>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\ugui\no\ind\mtlib.c” at line number 2947
    >>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\uifw\no\ind\uifw_definitions.c” at line number 4727
    >>>> O/S ERROR: signal 11 caught in file “o:\ugnx110\ip33\src\uifw\no\ind\uifw_definitions.c” at line number 4871
    &MACRO FOCUS CHANGE IN 1
    &MACRO MESSAGE_BOX -2, Internal error: memory access violation
    &MACRO MENU, 0, UG_HELP_SYSTEM_LOG UG_GATEWAY_MAIN_MENUBAR <RibbonTopBar->MenuBar->UG_HELP> ## !

mariusauflem
    Participant

Ok, so it looks like also a lot of other stuff is acting up, and I am having trouble opening files, exporting sketches and so on…

Hm.. This is a troublesome error. Are you working on the latest maintenance release of NX11?

mariusauflem
    Participant

NX 11.0.0.33 recently installed (again) from NTNU software, had it working some days ago.

Ok, I don’t have a definite answer to you, unfortunately, but we can start with the following:

1. Go to File => Preferences => User Interface..
    2. Click the little icon by Reset Window Position under Layout.
    3. Reset Window Position

4. Click the little icon by Reset Dialog Memory under Options => Dialog Boxes.
    5. Reset Dialog Memory

Let me know how this works out for you.

Also: If the above suggestion has no effect, I would recommend you to check for NX Maintenance Packs (MP) on your student server. There should be several MP’s released for NX11. I currently sit on NX 11.0.2 MP2. If it isn’t downloaded to the server, you could ask the IT-responsible at NTNU Perleporten to download it. Used to be a fella named Qazi there, but I’m not sure if he’s still around.

Updating to latest release is recommended even if the above suggestion works.

mariusauflem
    Participant

Unfortunately none of the above solutions worked in my case. Qazi, does’nt work here anymore and as long as this problem was only happening to me there was no help in asking around either. Is there a easier way of getting hold of the MP’s?
    -Marius

Well, there should be a common interest to keep you guys up to date on NX, bugs or not. Have you heard with Terje Rølvåg?

mariusauflem
    Participant

So, sadly i’ve had no luck getting hold of any of the MP’s, BUT a “for-now” workaround is to run NX of the integrated graphics only, and disable the NVidia GPU option in Nvidia control panel (under 3D options.)
    Thanks anyway Magnus, i’ll try to get someone from here (ipm) to keep the NX-version up to date.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.